Thursday, November 8, 2007

Peking Duck

Tonight Danny, Ellie and I got Peking Duck for dinner, the one dish you must have while in Beijing. The ducks are roasted over an open flame, presented whole and cut up at the table then served with pancakes and duck sauce. The final meal is a delicious little fajita-like duck roll. We decided to get adventurous and ordered roasted goose head for an appetizer - when the duck came they also served the head, between the two I guess I prefer duck but neither were compelling enough for me to try them again.
Picture: eating goose brain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt!

Great posts! Nice photos. The one of you on the Great Wall with the snow is incredible! I am so glad you went to the find the road (or ... um... wall) less traveled. It is amazing ... isn't it???

peace out!
kate